Extension activity provides a link between the College and the Society. In order to create socially sensitive citizens, the students are made aware of the common extension activities through NSS, NCC, Red Ribbon Club, Eco-Club, Green Corps and Consumer Club. Each department executes its own set of extension activities apart from the activities planned by the IQAC.
SGS College Students Outreach Programme
The SGS College STUDENTS OUTREACH PROGRAMME is a College to Community Programme.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Engage the students and staff in College-Community Partnership
- Introduce and motivate students towards community services
- make the staff and the students understand the social responsibility and give their best to the society of which they are a part.
- A few neighbourhood communities and schools are identified to carry out these activities. Special orientation is given to the students and the staff-in-charges of the activities before reaching out to the community.
Below is the list of activities planned and executed:
- NSS special camps in the chosen villages.
- Health check-ups like dental check-up, eye check-up and general check-up.
- Blood grouping camps.
- Blood donation camps.
- AIDS awareness programmes.
- Rally for awareness of Prevention of Dengue.
- Extension/guest lectures on health awareness
- Voluntary services to the public.
- Planting Saplings in the College premises and chosen villages.
- Rally for creating social awareness in the public.
- Petrol and Diesel saving awareness rally for public.
The staff and students get involved in such activities as cited above and that are of mutual benefit. It is believed that such extension programmes always remind us of our responsibility and role in the community services. The students involved in such programmes will have a better scope for understanding the society in the true spirit which paves the right way for their better career.